Do you want to spend more time on patient care and less time on clerical work? If so, you might be looking for a way to spend less time checking your voicemail and fewer hours in front of the computer screen. Unfortunately, there are a lot of doctors and medical professionals who spend a tremendous amount of time dealing with medical records. This is not how you should be spending your time, and you need to work with an expert who can help you take this clerical work off of your hands. That is where medical transcription services are helpful.
What is medical transcription, and why should you consider investing in medical transcription and voicemail transcription for your medical practice or hospital system? There are several important points you should keep in mind.
An Overview of Medical Transcription
When we discuss medical transcription, we are talking about a service that takes spoken speech and transcribes it into written text that you can read later. Essentially, the service will take speech, type it in the medical record for you, and give you access to it later. That way, you don’t have to worry about typing it yourself, and you don’t have to worry about checking your phone to access your voicemail. All you need to do is review it in the medical record, make sure it is accurate, and sign off on it.
Thanks to this service, you don’t have to spend as much time on the phone or sitting in front of the computer. A medical transcription professional will handle all of it for you. That way, you can spend more time seeing your patients.
How Medical Transcription Can Be Used
There are several ways a medical transcription service can be helpful. Some of the biggest examples include:
- When you finish performing a procedure, you don’t want to type it by hand. Instead, you can use a phone/digital recorder/app to dictate the procedure and let a medical transcription professional type the procedure into the chart for you. All you have to do is review the information from the transcription and make sure it is accurate.
- If you have to listen to voicemail messages, you probably don’t want to go through a bunch of robotic commands. It can be time-consuming, and it takes time away from your patients. A medical transcription service can listen to your voicemail messages for you, type them into the medical record, and leave them in the right place in the chart.
- Even a virtual scribe is a form of medical transcription. A virtual scribe can listen to you as you see your patient. Then, the scribe will type the information from the visit into the medical record for you, allowing you to review it at the time of service.
These are just a few of the most common ways that a medical transcription service might be used. You need to take advantage of all the benefits provided by a medical transcription service.
The Top Benefits of Medical Transcription
If you decide to work with a professional medical transcription service, there are several significant benefits you will enjoy. These benefits include:
- You can save a tremendous amount of time because you don’t have to worry about listening to voicemails or typing information into the computer. A medical transcription provider can do a lot of this for you, giving you more time you can spend with your patients.
- Thanks to the services provided by a medical transcription provider, you will be more focused on patient care. You may find that your patient satisfaction rates go up because your attention is focused on that. You may even find that you make fewer mistakes because of the transcription service.
- Furthermore, you might find that you can make more money because you can see more patients in a single day. Because a medical transcription service will handle a lot of the clerical work, you are free to see more patients and perform more procedures. This means you can make more money.
Because there are so many benefits provided by medical transcription, you need to make sure you hire the right one to meet your needs. What are a few of the factors you need to consider?
Choosing a Medical Transcription Service
As you take a look at your options for a medical transcription service, there are several important factors you should keep in mind. They include:
- You need to find a medical transcription service that has a lot of experience in your specialty. Medical specialties can vary significantly. Not every medical transcription service can handle every specialty. Make sure you find a service that is comfortable in your specialty.
- You also need to find a medical transcription service that provides the services you are looking for. Not all medical transcription services also provide virtual scribe services, so if that is something you are interested in, you need to find a service that offers that.
- Do not forget that you should think about HIPAA as well. A medical transcription service will have access to confidential information, and you must make sure that information is adequately protected.
If you think about these factors carefully, you should be able to find the right medical transcription service to meet your needs. Our team would be happy to help you.
Partner With DataMatrix Medical for All of Your Medical Transcription and Voicemail Transcription Needs
We are DataMatrix Medical, and we have a tremendous amount of experience working with a wide variety of Hospital systems and medical practices. We provide numerous services that can help you provide exceptional care for your patients. We will customize our services to meet your needs, and we will make sure that all confidential patient information is adequately protected as we are HIPAA compliant. If you partner with our team, you can scale up or scale back as needed. It would be our pleasure to help you take care of your patients, so contact us today to learn more about our services. We look forward to working with you.